How to restore vision?
In our daily life, most people spend a lot of time in front of a computer monitor, which negatively affects vision. Plus to it there are stresses, age. Eyes get tired, vision falls. In order to avoid surgical intervention, it is advisable to take care of your eyes in advance. How to restore vision without surgery? To do this, a whole range of measures has been developed to help improve vision at home. The complex consists of a series of exercises for the eyes and a properly selected diet. To select a technique for correcting vision should be based on visual features. There are systems of exercises for farsightedness or myopia. There are also general methods.
The content of the article
Recommendations for restoring eyes at home
In order to improve visual acuity, a certain number of rules must be observed.
- coordinate your diet. It should include foods high in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other useful elements;
- do eye exercises daily;
- plan your day. Be sure to include in it the alternation of visual load and rest;
- be careful when taking medicines. They can significantly affect visual acuity. They should be used only after consulting a specialist.
Each person has its own characteristics, the body too, including the eyes. The presence of myopia does not allow to distinguish objects located in the distance. Ophthalmologists recommend to a near-sighted person, especially if the profession is connected with a computer, to restore vision at home: in the process of work, be distracted from the computer monitor, give your eyes a little rest and relax. At many large enterprises, the alternation of visual load and rest is enshrined in internal documents. Usually, a person works for an hour, then ten minutes of rest;
- in the process of work, be distracted from the computer monitor, give your eyes a little rest and relax. At many large enterprises, the alternation of visual load and rest is enshrined in internal documents. Usually, a person works for an hour, then ten minutes of rest;
- include foods that are healthy for your eyes. Most suitable greens, berries and vegetables. From greens, it is advised to add parsley to the diet, from berries - blueberries, and from vegetables - carrots;
- perform systematic gymnastics to improve visual function. A good result is the performance of such an exercise as shifting the gaze from a point located at a distance of one meter to objects and objects that are far away. The same action in reverse.
As far as farsightedness is concerned. This is the exact opposite of myopia, a violation of the visual organs. A person with such a pathology perfectly sees objects in the distance, but hardly distinguishes them up close. His image just floats before his eyes, he sees poorly defined contours. To prevent farsightedness from developing further, it is required:
- stop drinking coffee and drinks containing caffeine. And also exclude alcohol and sweets;
- add to the diet foods that contain potassium, vitamin A and ascorbic acid;
- include in the daily routine a set of exercises aimed at preventing the further development of farsightedness. The result is the exercise of shifting your gaze from objects located close to objects that are far away. Promotes the restoration of vision by rotating the eyes clockwise and vice versa.
Often children also need vision correction, so parents ask themselves the question: “How can vision be restored at home?”. The answer is simple. The principle is the same as when correcting the vision of an adult. The main thing in this case is to limit the child's pastime at the computer, to monitor the diet. In addition to the usual daily food, insufficient for eye health, vitamin complexes must be included in the menu. If you choose them correctly, then the child will reduce the risk of eye pathology. About gymnastics for the eyes also should not be forgotten. May help avoid eye diseases and daily walks in the fresh air.
Gymnastics for the eyes
To restore vision without surgery, it is recommended to pay attention to a set of exercises for the eyes. The main condition is that gymnastics is carried out in a relaxed state. The following exercises are most effective:
- making circles with the eyes. Thirty seconds to the left, then to the right for the same time;
- focusing the gaze on a distant object, after moving to the tip of the nose and in the opposite direction. Perform ten times;
- moving the gaze to the arm extended in front of you, which is lowered up, then down, then left and right. Eyes follow the hand, there is no need to turn your head;
- keeping the head in a fixed position, shifting the gaze first up, then down, then to the left, to the right and diagonally. Initially, they perform five times, then the repetition of movements increases to seven times;
- alternation of fast blinking and squinting. The execution time is thirty seconds, with a frequency of once every two hours. Such gymnastics contributes to the instant removal of fatigue from the eyes;
- holding a figure eight in the air. To begin with, the gaze is moved from top to bottom, then vice versa, from bottom to top. Perform five times;
- watching with a glance a load suspended on a thread forty centimeters from the face. This exercise is called the "pendulum". They swing the thread and try to concentrate on the suspended object for thirty seconds. After that, the gaze must be transferred to a remote distance. Repeat three sets per day;
- sitting on a chair facing the wall, and the distance between the wall and the chair should be one meter. The gaze is concentrated on the upper left corner, then the eyes must be closed, and then the same action should be repeated, only attention must be focused on the upper right corner. Ten approaches are performed, the duration of gymnastics is ten days;
- observing with the eyes the movement of the clockwork hand. An alarm clock or wall clock should be held in front of you at arm's length.
Specialists have developed a number of techniques to restore vision without surgery. Their use allows for a short period to improve the sharpness of the eyes. Techniques such as palming and lens stabilization are popular. Is it possible to restore vision in this way? Of course, not completely, but the sharpness of the gaze will clearly improve. Palming is based on a theory according to which the main cause of vision loss is considered to be a large load, and, as a result, overstrain. The specificity of palming is to isolate the eyeballs from light. Five minutes are allotted for the exercise every day. During this time, you should sit on a chair near the table, and the head should be in line with the spine. Elbows should be placed on the table. Then close your eyes, after rubbing your hands to a state of heat release. It is required to attach palms folded in the shape of a boat to the eyes. When performing the exercise, there may be glare before the eyes. To eliminate this effect, mentally written letters in black or various drawings will help. The exercise is considered correctly performed if completely black color appears in the closed eyes, without a single light spot.
Another technique for correcting vision is lens exercises. How to restore vision with its help? Everything is simple, it is correct to perform gymnastics, which stabilizes the work of the lens. To do this, you need a piece of paper with text, which is placed at such a distance that the letters become blurry when looking at it. Frequent blinking will help to increase the sharpness and clarity of the written text. This is the essence of one of the exercises of the complex, aimed at stabilizing the lens. The exercise should be done daily so that there is a load on the lens. The duration of gymnastics is half an hour every day. The essence of the second exercise for the lens is to move the gaze from the object to the finger. In its implementation, a point remote at a great distance is selected, and the finger is placed only ten centimeters from the eyes. The third exercise is to arrange the book text at a distance at which it will be barely noticeable. They begin to shake their heads, the text becomes blurry, but its reading does not stop. When performing this exercise, some pain or discomfort may occur. In this case, it is better not to continue gymnastics.
How to restore vision with medication
Before you start using medicines, you should make an appointment with an ophthalmologist. A competent doctor will tell you: “Which drug will help achieve a positive result and is it possible to restore vision without surgery?”. It is impossible to randomly take medicines, especially since vision correction drugs are divided into three groups.
The first type includes agents that relax the eye muscles. The most popular is Atropine. The drug is suitable for patients with farsightedness, improves near vision. It is based on atropine sulfate, so the drug has many contraindications and side effects. In no case should it be taken with glaucoma, and this disease is common. It is inexpensive, but you can buy it only with a prescription.
The second group includes drugs that improve the condition of the retina. More often in pharmacies they buy the drug "Galidor", which has an antispasmodic effect. Is it possible to restore vision with it? This tool restores eye tissues, normalizes eye microcirculation, protects the retina and lens, prevents them from collapsing. It should be taken with caution, and for pregnant women, people suffering from kidney failure, or patients with impaired respiratory function, the drug is simply contraindicated. Its price, unlike Atropine, is ten times higher.
The third group of drugs - drugs that promote night rest. These are mainly moisturizing drops. For example, Shtulna. After taking them, the tension that has accumulated throughout the day goes away from the eyes. The drops contain many vitamins that correct vision for the better, provide eye protection. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, diabetics. It costs a little, within two hundred rubles.
With various pathologies, the ophthalmologist prescribes the appropriate drugs. For patients with retinal dystrophy, he advises drops of "Taufon" or "Emoxipin".
Sometimes there are people suffering from a disease of the blood vessels of the eye capillaries. They are recommended to drip Quinax, Solcoseryl.
There are also prophylactic drops that prevent the development of cataracts and retinal dystrophy. In addition, this series of tools improves visual acuity. This type of medicines include, for example, Okovit.
Vizin, Polinadim and Naphthyzin will help to eliminate redness of the eyes.
Often, people who spend most of their time in front of a computer monitor feel that dryness and discomfort appear in their eyes. In this case, ophthalmologists prescribe "Vid-Komod" or "Kationorm".
Traditional medicine to help the eyes
Some people prefer to resort to folk remedies to correct their vision. The most popular are carrots, needles, honey, lemon, nuts and apricots.
Juice is made from carrots, to which olive oil is added. Drink it for a month, once a day before dinner, half an hour before meals.
Pine needles are used to prepare an infusion, in the proportion of five tablespoons of needles and half a liter of water. The needles are poured into the water and infused at night, and in a dark room. In the morning, the infusion is filtered. Take forty-five days.
A mixture of parsley, honey and lemon is taken every day, one tablespoon for a month. Parsley is ground in a meat grinder or food processor, then mixed with a tablespoon of pre-squeezed lemon juice and honey.
Apricots in the amount of one hundred grams with five tablespoons of honey and a small handful of nuts. Use three times a day for 3 teaspoons.
Is it possible to restore vision in this way? There is no single answer, but in any case there are positive developments.
Traditional healers make drops and compresses from berries and leaves. Juice is squeezed out of blueberries, after which it is diluted with distilled water. Everything is produced in equal proportions. The resulting solution is instilled into the eyes every morning for two months. The dosage is five drops. Cherry leaves have found use in a poultice that requires four leaves. In the evening, for seven days, the leaves are applied to the eyes for half an hour. In addition, traditional medicine surprised with another recipe for drops. It would seem that the ingredients are completely incompatible, but healers use them. It is boiled egg white and honey. The protein is poured with a teaspoon of honey, allowed to brew, then decanted. Instill two drops three times a day. Is vision restored in this way? Practice shows that certain changes for the better are observed.
The role of nutrition in correcting vision
The diet of patients with impaired visual function must be balanced, otherwise how can vision be restored? The menu necessarily contains products containing all the substances necessary for eye health.
In conclusion, I would like to note that vision itself will never recover. This process requires a lot of effort. First of all, the correct planning of the working day. Rest should never be forgotten. Secondly, gymnastics for the eyes, and a set of exercises must be carefully selected and worked out, one cannot do without consulting a specialist. If an appointment with an ophthalmologist is not possible for some reason, then it is best to pay attention to the universal system of exercises, it is suitable for various pathologies. And last but not least, the diet. The lack of vitamins and useful elements in the menu can lead to the development of eye pathology.